Permanent Full time Band 5 - $81,347 to $92,665 total remuneration per annum includes 10% super, annual leave loading and monthly RDO
About the role
This position provides technical planning expertise in order for Council to carry out its statutory obligations in administering and enforcing the Nillumbik Planning Scheme and Planning and Environment Act. The position also provides effective, accurate and timely advice to all participants in the planning application process as part of the delivery of a successful planning approvals system.
- Work as an effective team member and assist other staff with matters to ensure a high level of customer service and service delivery output is maintained.
- Effectively, efficiently and respectfully liaise with other departments/units in relation to permit processes and Council services.
- Provide consistent and timely technical advice to customers, staff and Councillors on matters relating to the interpretation of the planning scheme and relevant legislation.
- Provide the public with quality service and information, and to conduct pre-application meetings and give advice as appropriate.
- Ensure that Council's objective of customer service excellence is reflected in day to day operations by providing responsive, timely and high quality follow-up to enquiries, service requests and complaints from all customers.
Skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in town planning or equivalent related discipline and/or relevant experience in a planning office.
- Knowledge of the Victorian Planning and Environment Act 1987 and planning processes.
- Experience interpreting and applying planning schemes, policies, legislation and regulations.
- Proven ability to identify potentially complex problems and circumstances, identify key issues and possible solutions and make consistent decisions based on a clear and logical analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the provisions of planning legislation to all customers, including members of the community, Council officers, Government departments/agencies, and Councillors.
- Based in great Greensborough location
- Experience land use planning in the Green Wedge Shire
- Friendly supportive planning team
Flexible working options can be discussed with the preferred candidate as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Read the Position Description (available on our careers website) and click on 'Apply Now' and fill in the relevant information including the Key Selection Criteria. Ensure to upload a copy of your current resume and cover letter.
Applications close at 10 pm on the 1 November 2021
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and supports its staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Council also has a requirement to follow mandatory directions issued by the Chief Health Officer with regards to staff working in specific industries and/or positions to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As this role is a worker in accordance with COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination during the pre employment check process. Your vaccination certificate/status will be stored on your personnel file and in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001. Your information will not be shared with third parties without your consent unless we are permitted or required to by law.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home ‘work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient leg room and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job required IT equipment will be provided, however the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community. Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.