Training Facilitator (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Temporary Part time for 8 months Band 6 - $97,235 to $105,804 (0.2 EFT $19,447 to $21,160) total remuneration per annum includes 10% super and annual leave loading
About the role
Reporting to the Team Leader: Training, this position will lead the training, assessment and overall support of the Early Childhood qualifications offered through the RTO. Furthermore, this position has a business development focus with the expectation to increase student enrolments for future courses. Where appropriate the incumbent will support the overall Training Program and its compliance of the AQTF standards 2015 as directed by the Training Coordinator.
- Lead the training, assessment and overall support of the Early Childhood qualifications
- Operational support to ensure quality training, assessment and student support
- Support recruitment of future students
- Support the overall Training Program and its compliance of the ATQF standards 2015 as directed by the Training Coordinator
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in education and training or related field (secondary and/or adult education teaching preferred) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110, plus TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and assessment of VET qualifications. This include the delivery of structured, flexible, relevant and interesting training sessions and assists all learners regardless of level to achieve their training goals
- Well-developed education program and pathways planning and coordination skills, preferably in an adult community and further education setting and within a community development framework
- Knowledge of the current RTO Standards (AQTF 2015 and experience in Nationally Recognised Training in the Australian VET sector
- Experience in managing and supporting staff and students
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, oral communication, facilitation, problem solving, and conflict resolution and team skills
- Excellent submission and report writing skills as well as highly developed digital literacy skills, including in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; on-line skills; and the ability to become proficient in the use of the CRM/Student Management System
- Experience in business development to enhance the financial and operational sustainability of the RTO
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Work alongside a small but dynamic team with a wealth of industry knowledge and experience.
- Access to Council's EAP program
- Based in Eltham
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
Flexible working options can be discussed with the preferred candidate as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Read the Position Description and click on 'Apply Now' and fill in the relevant information including the Key Selection Criteria. Ensure to upload a copy of your current resume and cover letter.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and supports its staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Council also has a requirement to follow mandatory directions issued by the Chief Health Officer with regards to staff working in specific industries and/or positions to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As this role is a worker in accordance with COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination during the pre employment check process. Your vaccination certificate/status will be stored on your personnel file and in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001. Your information will not be shared with third parties without your consent unless we are permitted or required to by law.
Applications close at 10 pm on the 19 October 2021
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home ‘work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient leg room and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job required IT equipment will be provided, however the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.