Training Administration and Compliance Officer
- Band 5 - $79,420.08 (0.4 EFT $31,768.03 pro-rata) total remuneration includes super and annual leave loading
- Permanent part-time position, based in Eltham
- Work-life balance
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever-changing landscape of Local Government.
About the role
Living & Learning Nillumbik consists of a Registered Training Organisation, Learn Local and 3 Neighbourhood Houses and is responsible for the delivery of services that actively promotes lifelong learning and improved social connectedness for our community.
Living & Learning Nillumbik sits with the department for Community programs, Services and Planning Directorate and feeds into Council's Strategic Objectives to strengthen community capacity to achieve better health and wellbeing by increasing social inclusion in a safe and supportive environment by developing new skills, meeting people, being creative and simply having fun.
- Provide specialist administrative support to ensure effective and compliant delivery of accredited and pre-accredited training
- Administer and process student and participant information through the Student Management System to ensure accurate and compliant course set-up, enrolment and withdrawals
- Interpret and apply funding and reporting requirements of the relevant funding bodies associated with Accredited and Pre-Accredited Training
- Contribute to the compliance requirements of both the Skills First Contract and VRQA audit requirements
Skills and experience
- Degree or Diploma in office administration or similar and/or a current Cert IV in Training and Assessment would be beneficial
- Experience in business support and administration within a Registered Training Organisation
- Work alongside hardworking and passionate team members to achieve a positive outcome for participants
- Dynamic, supportive and creative work environment
- Access to Council's Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
- Read the Position Description (available on our careers website)
- Click on Apply Now and fill in the relevant information including the Key Selection Criteria
- Upload a copy of your current resume and cover letter
Applications close at 10 pm on the 7 March 2021 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on (03) 9433 3253.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home ‘work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient legroom and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process, the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job-required IT equipment will be provided, however, the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.