Training Support Officer
- Band 4 - $72,698 (0.54 EFT $39,257 pro-rata) total remuneration includes super and annual leave loading
- Permanent part-time role
- On the job skill development
- Work-life balance
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever-changing landscape of Local Government.
About the role
Living & Learning Nillumbik consists of a Registered Training Organisation, Learn Local and 3 Neighbourhood Houses and is responsible for the delivery of services that actively promotes lifelong learning and improved social connectedness for our community.
Living & Learning Nillumbik sits with the department for community programs, Services and Planning Directorate and feeds into Council's Strategic Objectives to strengthen community capacity to achieve better health and wellbeing by increasing social inclusion in a safe and supportive environment by developing new skills, meeting people, being creative and simply having fun.
- Provide administrative support to ensure effective and compliant delivery of accredited and pre-accredited training
- Ensuring training administration and customer support activities are completed in a timely, professional and effective manner
- Administering the Student Management system through accurate data collection, data entry, report production and providing support as required
Skills and experience
- Certificate in Office Administration or similar, and/or previous experience in office administration and customer service within a Registered Training Organisation
- Experience navigating Skills Victoria Training System to ensure compliant administration of the RTO
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a range of individuals, members of the public, students, governing- and funding bodies as well as local service providers
- High-level computer operating skills including use of a Student Management System
- Proven ability to produce timely and accurate information within defined timelines and manage conflicting deadlines to agreed service and RTO compliance standards
- Highly developed time and organisational skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently, with initiative and effectively as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills in relation to administration functions, and the ability to quickly understand and implement new ideas, concepts and processes and make appropriate referrals
- Dynamic, supportive and creative work environment
- Access to Council's Employee Assistance Program
- Career development
How to apply
- Read the Position Description (available on our careers website)
- Click on Apply Now and fill in the relevant information including the Key Selection Criteria
- Upload a copy of your current resume and cover letter
Applications close at 10 pm on the 7 March 2021 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on (03) 9433 3253.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home ‘work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient legroom and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process, the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job-required IT equipment will be provided, however, the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.