Emergency Management Project Officer
$70,162 - $80,208 + Super and RDO
- Temporary full time role (concluding 30 November 2020)
- On the skill job development
- Exciting opportunity to work in a newly formed team
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all of life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever changing landscape of Local Government.
About the Role
Reporting to the Emergency Management Lead, this role will support Council in the delivery of its emergency management responsibilities. This role will contribute to strengthening emergency management partnerships and connections with our community.
- Provide exceptional administrative and project support to a range of projects designed to build community and organisational resilience
- Manage documentation to ensure compliance and currency
- Manage resources to ensure operational readiness
- Participate in an on call roster and available for duty in the event of an emergency
Skills and experience
- Supporting complex projects
- Knowledge of community risk, safety, fire and emergency management
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office applications
- Contribute to shaping the way Council works in emergency management in Nillumbik
- Be part of a team dedicated to developing strong relationships with the community and networks
How to apply
- Read the Position Description
- To obtain any additional information regarding this position please contact Kim Halse, Emergency Management Lead on 9433 3381 for a confidential discussion.
- Click on Apply Now
Applications close at 10pm on the 12th April 2020 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on (03) 9433 3253..
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).