Communications and Advocacy Lead
Attractive Remuneration Package $137,000 - $142,000 (includes Super + Annual Leave Loading)
- Fantastic opportunity to lead a high performing team that makes a difference to our community
- Strategic and diverse role
- Fast-paced and stimulating work
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all of life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever-changing landscape of Local Government.
About the Role
- Lead, manage and coordinate communication, advocacy and engagement activities for Nillumbik Council
- Work across the organisation as Councils strategic and expert leader in communications, engagement and advocacy
- Build a sound evidence base framework to influence government policy, optimise funding and investment for Council
- Provide effective leadership and management to the unit
- Positively influence Council's reputation in the community
- Proactively identify opportunity for communications and engagement
Skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in communications, public relations or advocacy
- Significant experience in a similar government role working in a (bi-partisan) political environment
- Significant demonstrated experience in developing strategic relationships, alliances and partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in effective issues management in a complex and diverse political environment
- Ability to lead strategic improvements to online and offline communication production and practices
- Strategic and diverse role
- Council actively supports a work life balance
- Fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and high performing team
How to apply
- Read the Position Description
- To obtain any additional information regarding this position please contact Blaga Naumoski, Executive Manager Governance, Communications and Engagement on 9433 3110 for a confidential discussion.
- Click on Apply Now
Applications close at 10pm on the 21st February 2020 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on (03) 9433 3253.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).