Customer Support Officer
Band 4 Temporary Part Time (0.7 EFT) $64,105.13 - $68,374.02 plus Super + Annual Leave Loading
- Based in Eltham and Diamond Creek Neighbourhood Houses
- On the job skill development/training
- Temporary 3 months with a possibility of extension
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all of life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs, and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever-changing landscape of Local Government.
About the Role
This role is responsible for:
- High levels of customer service as the first point of contact at reception
- Administrative support at Living & Learning Nillumbik
- Contributing to the ongoing operational efficiencies of the team through the provision of a continuous improvement mindset
- Communicating services available to enhance the customer's knowledge of how they can connect with Living & Learning Nillumbik
- Enrolments using the Student Management System, aXcelerate
- Support for users/participants
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate in Office Administration or similar, and/or previous experience in office administration and customer service, preferably in a learning environment
- Highly developed communication skills including listening, verbal, written, spelling and grammar
- Good problem-solving skills in relation to administration functions, and the ability to quickly understand and implement new ideas, concepts, and processes and make appropriate referrals
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with initiative and effectively as part of a team
- Working in a small team
- Direct contact with community members
- Enhancing the lives of the local community
- Professional Development with involvement across Learn Local, Neighbourhood Houses, RTO, and local government
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).
How to apply
- Download the Position Description
- To obtain any additional information regarding this position please contact Leanne Wilson on 9433 3741 for a confidential discussion.
- Click on Apply Now.
Applications close at 10 pm on 2 February 2020 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources on (03) 9433 3253.